How do I choose an air hockey table?
When choosing the perfect air hockey table there is a few things you should consider. Finding a table with a strong support should last the longest. Make sure the legs and base are very sturdy. Some air hockey tables have leg levelers so that the table would be level for the player. It's also best to find a table that is about 7 to 8 foot wide so that players of all ages can play. Solid aluminum or thick nylon rink have a long lasting life. Try to steer away from the fake aluminum, because it will take damage very easily.
The motor in an air hockey table is one of the most important pieces. When buying a air hockey table you want to find one with a high output UL motor. This type of motor has a steady airflow that also runs quietly. It's also good to look for a plenum chamber between the air distribution and blower. The plenum chamber builds up air pressure so that the disk will slide across the surface evenly.
Most people prefer an electric scoring system. This scoring system makes the game feel more realistic and exciting at home. The tables with the infrared sensor in the goal tend to more reliable that the mechanical sensors. Plus the lights make it look more classy. Try to find a scoreboard with an electrical unit instead of batteries, because batteries can cost more in the long run.
Plastic goals tend to break very easily, so it's best to find a table with a goal-in-rail type of style. These are usually more durable and they are also easier for children to play with.
Also, keep in mind that an average 8-foot table weighs about 350 pounds. Make sure that you can be able to assemble the table that you choose. Some assemblies are easier than others, so it's always a good idea to research the table before purchasing.
Top Rated Air Hockey Tables of March 2023
Rating is 5 out of 5
Triumph Lumen-X Lazer 6’ Interactive Air Hockey Table Featuring All-Rail LED Lighting and In-Game Music
- Light up the night with the illuminating technology of the Lumen-X Lazer Air Hockey Table
- Interactive table features in-rail LED lighting with cascading effects and in-game music. Age Range- 8 - 11 Years
- Elevate gaming experience with accessories – two ultra-bright strikers and light-up puck
- Enjoy fast and furious game play as dual motor blowers provide continuous air flow
- Easily keep track of the action without losing focus while playing with electronic scoring.Surface Material: PVC
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
Atomic Top Shelf 7.5’ Air Hockey Table with 120V Motor for Maximum Air Flow, High-Speed PVC Playing Surface for Arcade-Style Play and Multicolor LED Lumen-X Technology to Illuminate Play
- Action-packed air hockey table with 120V motor for maximum air flow
- Slick, high-speed PVC playing surface for non-stop, arcade-style play
- Illuminate play with multicolor LED Lumen-X technology and high-tempo music
- 82" x 41" playing surface supported by four large and durable legs
- Accessories include 2 LED pusher, 2 round pucks, 1 hexagonal spinner LED puck
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
Triumph Fire ‘n Ice LED Light-Up 54” Air Hockey Table Includes 2 LED Hockey Pushers and LED Puck
- Play new and exciting lights out air hockey with the light up pucks and pushers
- Table features light up corners that flash when goals are scored
- Keep track of the action with LED electronic and abacus scoring
- Four leg cross braces provide additional support and stability
- Includes: 2 LED hockey pushers (one red, one blue) and one LED puck
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Best Choice Products 58in Mid-Size Arcade Style Air Hockey Table for Game Room, Home, Office w/ 2 Pucks, 2 Pushers, Digital LED Score Board, Powerful 12V Motor, Carrying Bag
- STRONG MOTOR: Air is evenly spread with the 12V DC motor and adapter, allowing the puck to glide smoothly across the 54-inch table for a fun game reminiscent of the arcade
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Made of high-quality composite wood and PVC, this table is equipped with adjustable levelers and crossbar leg support for stability, as well as 4 protective corners for durability
- DIGITAL SCOREBOARD: Game set is designed with manual and LED electronic scorekeeping, plus a secure puck dispenser on each side that catches the puck when you score
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Complete with 2 red pucks & pushers plus a carrying bag, this set has everything needed to enjoy friendly competition and keep things organized afterward
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
American Legend Kirkwood 84” Air Powered Hockey Table with Rustic Wood Finish, K-Shaped Legs and Modern Design
- UNIQUE TWIST, CLASSIC DESIGN – The rustic wood finish paired with the unique k-shaped legs give the classic design a modern twist. Enjoy arcade-style air hockey on a table that looks great in any room in the house.
- AUTHENTIC ARCADE-STYLE – The Kirkwood’s large dimensions (84" x 48" x 32") provide authentic, arcade-style game play.
- INLAY ELECTRONIC SCORING – The Kirkwood’s inlay electronic scoring features in-game sound effects and keeps track of goals for even more excitement.
- 110V 60HZ BLOWER MOTOR – This large blower motor provides strong airflow for fast-paced game play.
- EASY SETUP – The table’s built-in control panel provides quick and easy game setup so you can start playing, fast.
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
NHL Power Play Air Powered Hockey Table with Table Tennis Top - 80 Inches - Includes Hover Hockey Pucks, Pushers, Table Tennis Balls, Paddles, and Net
- GAME ROOM FUN: This Air Powered Hockey table makes for a great addition to any family living area - easily set-up this table in your basement, rec room, man cave, or living room for long lasting entertainment the entire family can enjoy
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PLAY: Complete with all air hockey and table tennis accessories
- MULTI-PURPOSE: 2 games in 1 air powered hockey table and 3-piece table tennis conversion top (80 inches L x 43 inches W)
- SCORING SYSTEM: Automatic scoring and sound system adds convenience and design to the Power Play Hover Hockey Table Model
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
48" Mid-Size NHL Rush Indoor Hover Hockey Game Table; Easy Setup, Air-Powered Play with LED Scoring, Black
- Go back and forth for endless hours of entertainment with the 48" NHL Rush Indoor Hover Hockey table!
- This premium mini air hockey table sets up easily and is ready to play in minutes!
- Comes complete with 2 pushers and 2 air hockey pucks. Automatic electronic LED scoring keeps track of all the table hockey game action just like the classic arcade games.
- An authentic air-powered table hockey playing surface brings the indoor sports games action home to you!
- The 48-inch (4 foot) Rush model is the perfect size air hockey table for kids and adults with limited room space.
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
Triumph 4-in-1 Rotating Swivel Multigame Table – Air Hockey, Billiards, Table Tennis, and Launch Football
- Play four great games on one table – air hockey, billiards, table tennis, and launch football
- Rotating swivel table changes games from one to another in seconds
- Patented central air distribution system for even airflow throughout the hockey table
- Assembled table size 48” L x 23.75” W x 32” H ideal for youth and teenage players
- Table comes ready to play with all of the accessories to play all four games included
Rating is 4.2 out of 5
Rally and Roar Air Hockey Table, 54”, with LED Air Hockey Puck and Pushers - Fun Ice Hockey Table Game with Air Powered Motor, Manual and Electronic Score Keeper - Premium Game Tables for Game Room
- READY TO PLAY: Get ready for your favorite new indoor game table with this 54-inch Air Hockey Tables from Rally and Roar, complete with 1 hockey puck and 2 air hockey pushers, this table hockey game will provide hours of competition and fun
- HIGH-QUALITY AIR HOCKEY TABLE GAME: Our exclusive air hockey table is designed with durable, long-lasting materials to ensure you enjoy it for years, including LED lights in all four corners and leg levelers for fair gameplay on any surface
- REALISTIC GAMEPLAY: This table ice hockey features an air-powered motor that allows the hockey puck to slide smoothly and easily, providing realistic gameplay, requiring no batteries, just plug in the electrical adapter and you are ready to play
- VERSATILE SCORE KEEPER: Always know which hockey players are pulling ahead with this air hockey game, featuring both a manual and electronic scorer so that players and viewers can easily tell who is winning the game
Rating is 4.1 out of 5
American Legend Brookdale Air-Powered Hockey Table with Rustic Wood Grain Finish, Angled Legs and Turnbuckle Accents Brown AL1005W
- CLASSIC GAME; MODERN STYLE – The Brookdale's rustic wood grain finish and angled legs with turnbuckle accents add to its classic look.
- FAST-PACED GAME PLAY – The strong air blower motor provides fast-paced game play.
- BUILT IN CONTROL PANEL – The Brookdale features a built in control panel for quick and easy game setup
- ELECTRONIC SCORING – Inlay electronic scoring features in game sound effects and keeps track of the action.
Rating is 4 out of 5
Point Games Air Hockey Table for Kids - Electric Powered Air Hockey Game - Foldable & Tabletop - Air Hockey for Kids & Adults - Games for Girls & Boys
- SPORT HOCKEY: kids will have a blast with this foldable table hockey at the same time it promotes indoor physical exercise, it's the perfect game to keep kids active, focused and entertained.
- SIZE FOR KIDS: the table features straight legs with adjustable leg leveler to ensure an even playing surface, has the ideal size for kids but is large enough so adults can enjoy playing as well.The legs are foldable to easily store away after playing.
- STRONG AIR FLOW: 12 V DC motor powers strong air flow to keep the pucks gliding over the air cushion. Move fast and improve the hockey strategy to make goals and win matches.
- SCORE TRACKING: keep track of the matches using the two scorekeepers situated on each side of the table. There two holes at opposite ends of the table that make up a goal are also a secure destination for the scored pucks.
- GREAT GIFT: the air hockey table game is suitable for 8 ages and up. The table has a sleek design, and will match any indoor decor. Makes a great birthday, Christmas and holidays gift for kids.
Rating is 3.9 out of 5
Rally and Roar Tabletop Air Hockey Table, Travel-Size, Lightweight, Plug-in - Mini Air-Powered Hockey Set with 2 Pucks, 2 Pushers, LED Score Tracker - Fun Arcade Games and Accessories
- IMPROMPTU GAME, ANYTIME: In under 15 minutes, you can assemble this mini-series tabletop hockey game, making it the perfect addition to parties, pub crawls, Family Game Night or tailgates. Simply attach the padded legs and goal box and you’re ready to go!
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: The Rally and Roar electric-powered air table comes with all the pieces you need for a challenging game of table top hockey. With two scoreboard options, 2 mini pucks, and 2 mini pushers, you have all the accessories you need.
- SMALL SIZE, HUGE POWER: This air hockey machine comes with a CUL-certified, AC-12V motor for optimal air flow and puck fluidity. Requiring nothing other than a socket, simply plug in your table hockey unit with blowers and you’re up and running.
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION: This air hockey equipment is derived from dense fiber wood with optimal dual airflow for sleek playing conditions. The legs are durable, sturdy, and foam-protected so your game won’t cause scratches or surface damage to furniture.
- MODERN, FUN DESIGN: Be the life of the party with this cool multiplayer game accessory. Sleek-looking with LED lights and vibrant graphics against the white laminated surface, this compact party game really stand outs. Everyone will want to join in! 2 AAA Batteries are required for use with the electronic scorer, but are not included.
How to play air hockey
Air hockey is an easy game to learn. There is two players and each player starts with a mallet. There is also a disk, or as some call it a puck.
Air Hockey Rules
- Flip a coin to see who starts with the puck.
- The puck must fully enter the goal to score 1 point.
- If a player wins the goal then the opposite player gets the next puck.
- Players can only hit the puck when it's on their side of the table, or when the puck is in the center.
- Mallets cannot pass the center, or it does not count.
- The player must always stand at the end of the table while playing.
- Players cannot hold the mallet over the puck to hold it in place.
- No touching the puck with anything other than the mallet.
- Each player is allowed one 10 second time out per round.
- The player can only call time out when the puck is in their possession.
- Once the round ends the next player starts first.
When playing air hockey there are a few neat tricks.
Most people starting air hockey for the first time generally grab the center of the mallet. This seems like common sense, but it's actually more effective to control the mallet with three fingers within the ridge. This gives the player a more accurate and flexible shot.
Keeping possession of the puck is usually the more accurate route. Instead of hitting the puck full force when it comes your way, try to slow the puck down aiming for the side of the board. This way it is easier to hit the puck accurately at a slower speed.
Lastly, try to avoid guarding the center of your goal. If you can manage to stay near the corners and do a triangular motion then this can be a better defense by throwing the other player off a bit. This makes it easier to block shots.
How much space is needed for an air hockey table?
There are three main air hockey table sizes. If a customer buys a 6-foot (6' x 3') table then they will need a minimum of 10' x 5' feet to play. If they want to play more comfortably then they will need 12' by 7' feet. If a customer buys a 7-foot (7' x 3.5') table then they will need a minimum of 11' x 5.5' feet to play. If they want to play more comfortably then they will need 13' by 7.5' feet. Lastly, if a customer buys a 8-foot (8' x 4') table then they will need a minimum of 12' x 6' feet to play. If they want to play more comfortably then they will need 14' by 8' feet.
Most people use the general rule of of adding 6-feet to the length of the table, and 4-feet to the width of the table. Also always make sure that there is a power socket near by so that the table works.