It is important to ask questions. My daughter-in-law gave up skating because she got the wrong wheels, went too fast for conditions, and got hurt when she sped up to avoid a car hitting a pole, and injuring herself. Do not let that happen.
These modern skates are made with many factors in mind, your weight, what ground you will be skating, how fast you wish to go, and your experience, among other questions. Ask questions.
The wheels have hubs and these hubs hold the bearings in the center of the wheels. They are not included in the purchase of wheels unless stated. They are reused in replacement wheels. If you are buying replacement wheels they are purchased as one in the package alone or as four in the package.
Most wheels are made of urethane for hardness and wear. A less expensive wheel is made of plastic. Street wheels or outdoor skates are built for outdoor skating to take the punishment of irregularities on the surface.
Top Rated Roller Skates Wheels
Rating is 5 out of 5
Roller Skate Wheels Luminous Light Up, with Bearings 4 Pcs Outdoor Roller Skate Wheels Flash, Luminous Light up Roller Skate Wheels Suitable for Double Row Skating and Skateboard (32mm x 58mm)
- ⚡【Perfect match】 The skate wheel with size 32mm x 58mm emits a variety of colors. (Free extra 10 sets of 608 bearings, 5 sets of cores and 1 special wrench for roller skate wheels)
- ⚡【Upgrade material】 The wheel is made of high-quality polyurethane polymer material with a hardness of 82A and a resilience of 80%. Using 608RS bearings, faster speed and super grip.
- ⚡【Design to maximize speed】 These indoor high-performance skateboard wheels can reduce friction on various surfaces and increase speed. The multifunctional roller can be used for leisure indoor skating or competitive derby skating.
- ⚡【Stable sliding】 The multi-function sliding wheel can roll smoothly to achieve the best sliding and improve the riding comfort. Advanced wheels can easily perform stopping, providing excellent skating handling capabilities.
- ⚡【Applicable to many occasions】 The wheels are comfortable and durable, with bright light but not dim. It is very suitable for indoor, outdoor, asphalt road, park and many other occasions. (If you want to be cooler, don't forget to order two sets)
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
CLAS FOX 78A Indoor or Outdoor 65x35mm Quad Roller Skate Wheels 8 Pcs (Yellow).
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
Radar Wheels - Energy 57 - Roller Skate Wheels - 4 Pack of 78A 31mm x 57mm Quad Skate Wheels | Pink
- DURABLE FOR MILES OF USE - The Radar Energy 57 roller skate wheels' durable urethane will give you long-lasting grip whether on a sidewalk, trail, or street.
- ENGINEERED FOR AGILITY - These outdoor recreation skate wheels are small for transitions and tricks on various types of outdoor surfaces.
- SMOOTH RIDE FOR CARE-FREE SKATING - These versatile skating wheels roll smooth to help improve the comfort of your ride. The Radar Energy 57 wheels from Riedell can upgrade your skates or be future replacements.
- INCREDIBLY RESPONSIVE TO YOU - The Radar Energy 57 skate wheel has a Micro hub that helps make for a responsive and smooth ride. The Radar Energy 57 offers excellent handling for trail skating.
- MATCH YOUR SKATES - These skate wheels come with a 78A hardness urethane in a compact 31 mm x 57 mm size. Energy 57 wheels are available in clear blue, navy blue, red, and yellow to make your skates pop as you skate down the trail.
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
NONMON Roller Skates Wheels 57mm 82A Quad Skates Replacement Wheels with 8 Pcs ABEC-9 608RS Bearings, Set of 4 Wheels, Black
- Parameters: Diameter of 57MM and width 32MM.Hardness of 82A,80% rebound.One wheel weighs around 103g, allowing for quick and easy movement
- Material: Made of high quality Polyurethane(PU) and core is Polycarbonate(PC);Get more grip and a much softer ride – perfect for small pebbles and the normal bumpiness of an outdoor surface
- Application: Start speed slow but better grip and control,safe for beginners. Made for fitness, normal skating or disco and dancing
- Application: Roller skates shoes and skateboard. Good for both outdoor and indoor recreational use
- Package: 4 * Roller Skates Replacement Wheel. 8 * Bearing
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
ILMU 8 Piece Roller Skate Wheels Outdoor Light Up Rainbow Quad Rollerskate Parts Tool Wheels with Skate Roller Bearings 32mmX58mm(Black)
- 【Product set】You will get 8 black skate replacement wheels 32mmX58mm +20 pack 608 Bearing +10 pack core for Roller Skate Wheels+1 pack mounting wrench.
- 【Low cost】If your skates are broken or you want a cooler luminous wheel effect, this can meet your needs at the lowest cost, instead of paying a high price for another pair of skates.
- 【Wheels are durable】The material is polyurethane polymer synthetic,which is very wear-resistant,has a long service life, which can reduce the friction on the ground and increase the sliding speed.
- 【Use in many occasions】These four-wheel skating wheels can be used for leisure indoor skating or competitive derby skating, and can also be used for roller skating fields, concrete and sports tile indoor surfaces.
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
Double Inline Skate Wheels w/Bearings & Wrench, 8pcs PU Wear-Resistant Wheels Hardness 82A, Replacement Roller Skating Wheels for Boys Girls Indoor Outdoor Recreational Riding
- 【Roller Skate Wheels, Double Inline Skating Wheels】- 1. These roller skate wheels are made of high quality of polyurethane (PU), designed with 82A hardness and a resilience of 80%, offering grip/ speed/ and durable use experience. It's high performance bearings ensure a smooth and comfortable ride; 2. Suitable for double inline skating and skateboarding.
- 【Inline Skates Wheel with Bearings & Spacer, Indoor Outdoor Skateboard Wheels】- Each wheel size about 58 mm/2.28 inch in diameter, 32mm/1.26inch in width, equipped with bearings and spacer. Bearing model is 608RS, High-speed 608RS rotating bearing to makes movements easy and noiseless, making you enjoy the skating time.
- 【Skateboard Roller Skating Accessories Luggage Case or lnline Skate Replacement Wheels, Roller Skating Lovers Gifts】- These wheels are mainly used for luggage/ training wheels/ indoor or outdoor skating. Not recommended to use on uneven ground. Perfect to replace the old or broken roller skate wheel. These wheels also perfect as a useful birthday or Christmas gift for boys and girls roller skating lovers beginners.
- 【Replacement Roller Wheels Set for Boys & Girls Indoor Outdoor Recreational Riding】- Plackage Includes: 8 pcs x Roller Skate Wheels + 1 x Wrench; Indoor Outdoor Skating Accessories Roller Skate Replacement Wheels, Pack of 8pcs skating wheels, just in line with the needs of one pair of roller shoes, extremely meets your needs. Solider and better PU resilient wheels,good grip and more wear-resistant, good for indoor and outdoor casual riding or daily training etc.
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
B&A 8 Piece Roller Skate Wheels Luminous LED Light Up Skate Wheels with Skate Roller Bearings for Double Row Skating and Skateboard 32 x 58 mm
- The package includes: the package contains 8 white luminous roller skate wheels, which flash at night; each wheel is equipped with 2 608 bearings and 1 roller center, as well as 8 replacement 608 bearings and 4 replacement roller skate wheels Heart and 1 installation wrench.
- Size: Light roller skates have a size of 32 x 58 mm. They are suitable for roller skates and skateboards, but not for inline skates. These multi-purpose wheels can roll smoothly to improve ride comfort.
- High-quality material: This luminous double-row skating wheel is made of durable and long-lasting silicone with a hardness of 82A and has good sliding performance; whether it is on the rink, sidewalk or street, the durable urethane of roller skates Can bring you lasting grip.
- Designed to reduce friction: these indoor performance skateboard wheels reduce friction and maximize speed on various types of surfaces; these roller skating wheels can be used for recreational indoor skating or competitive skating.
- Fashion appearance: flashing lights add fashion elements to your LED outdoor roller skate wheels; the wheels are comfortable and durable, the light is bright but not dim, you can slide faster to make the flashlight brighter.
What are Best Wheels for Outdoor Roller Skating
Wheels have these different properties which need to be considered; diameter, documeter, rebound, grip, profile, and wear. If you intend to use outdoor skates for fitness and health, you need to consider shock. They absorb bumps and irregularities in asphalt and concrete and other substances. For 20 years the standard has been 78A documeter for the hardness of the wheel to give non-aggressive but good speed and control.
Documeter is measured as 0A for softer wheels to 100A for harder wheels. This will usually be imprinted on the wheel as is the diameter. The diameter is measured in millimeters and is also printed on the wheel. Smaller wheels mean slower and larger wheels obviously, mean faster.
The diameter of the wheel measured in millimeters is how large it is. It ranges from 55mm to 125 mm. The bigger the wheel, the more the speed. Outdoor skates have big wheels ranging from 58mm to 65mm. 80 mm or 90mm skates will glide longer and go faster. 72mm and 76mm skates are often inline rather than quad and are aggressive skates. 80mm skates are new and built of one-piece, boot, and wheels to lower the body. The 80mm will increase grind and maneuverability.
The profile is the shape of the wheel. If flatter on the bottom they sit firmly and will be good for outdoor skates.
Urethane or polyurethane will be needed for wear.
If you are intending to go skating at night, indoor or outdoor you might consider luminous skates. Luminous skates will be good also for shadowy days. For indoor skating at a rink, big wheel, which has a wider radius will have more control.
How to Change Roller Skate Wheels
Changing the wheels is not difficult. First, loosen the lock nut on the inside of the wheel. You will need an Allen wrench or a socket wrench for this job. These are items found in most garages or you can buy them.
Once the nut is removed, ease out the wheel. Now you will have the wheel and the bearing or the hub which you must replace. Take it out of the wheel by pushing it off using the metal of the axle to push against. Once off, insert the bearing in the new wheel. Now replace the wheel on the axle and re tighten the lock nut. If you get the lock nut too tight, the wheel will stop turning smoothly, and then you must loosen the nut slightly. That is all there is to it.